What do I need to participate?
1. A device that connects to the internet. Desktop computer or laptop is preferable.
2. The Zoom app and a Zoom account. We HIGHLY recommend using the Zoom app, as it has better audio settings than the web browser version.
How do I adjust Zoom sound settings?
Zoom has created new audio settings which are more conducive to music. These can only be changed in the APP SETTINGS on a desktop computer or laptop. You cannot improve the audio quality if you are using Zoom in your web browser or on a tablet/smartphone. Again, we HIGHLY recommend using the Zoom app on a laptop or desktop computer.
1. Click on settings
2. Click on Audio
3. Uncheck "Automatically adjust microphone volume"
4. Set "Suppress background noise" to Low
5. Click Advanced at the bottom of the page
6. Check "Show in-meeting option to 'Enable Original Sound' from microphone
7. Uncheck "Disable echo cancellation"
8. Check "High fidelity music mode"
Do I need to audition?
No! However, we design the content of our workshops for students at various specific levels. Just make sure to fill in the last piece you played on your workshop sign-up form so we can have a better understanding of your level of playing.
How much experience do I need?
We recommend a minimum one year of playing experience to participate in our workshops. Please contact us with any questions!
What if a conflict arises and I can't attend the workshop?
We ask that you let us know as soon as possible. We will try to work something out but refunds are not guaranteed within one week of the workshop.
Do I have to attend the entire workshop?
Yes! Your fee covers the full length of the workshop, and we do not offer partial discounts. Each segment of the workshop covers something completely different, and skipping anything means missing out on fun and important content.